Highly accessible location both regionally and internationally – Perfect for South Seattle Washington business relocation
- Located next to the 4th largest containerized Port (Northwest Seaport Alliance) in North America that earned Logistics Magazine’s 2017 highest West Coast port ranking
- The Soundside is centered around the 9th busiest passage airport (Sea-Tac Airport) in the U.S. and the 19th highest air cargo volume airport in North America
- Regionally connected with five highways, two railroad operators, and growing regional light rail connecting the city of Seattle to surrounding Tacoma and Everett in the near future; all increasing the ease of business logistics in and around the Seattle area.
Talented diverse Seattle area labor force with adept training institutions – primed as labor force for large and small business expansion and growth.
- A diverse labor force of 72,870 south Seattle workers is available in our welcoming cities of Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park, SeaTac and Tukwila – some of the top cities to start a small business in the Seattle Washington area.
- Highline College in Des Moines offers BAs in cybersecurity, global trade and business logistics, respiratory care, and computer education.
- Multiple labor force training partners that can leverage customized training incentives for small business including Green River College, South Seattle College, Renton Technical College, and Highline College.
Pro-business communities that offer large and small business room to develop and grow by offering business friendly tax incentives
- More new industrial and warehouse commercial real estate properties than anywhere else in the Greater Seattle area
- No taxes on capital gains or personal or corporate income as business incentives
- State tax credits available for manufacturing, aerospace, warehouses, and food manufacturing and Federal Opportunity Zone advantages for property development opportunities
Discover the Soundside Advantage and learn how these South King County cities of Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park, SeaTac, and Tukwila are helping large and small businesses relocate, grow and thrive through strong economic development business incentives.