The Center of Excellence for International Trade, Transportation and Logistics was established at Highline College in March 2007. Supported by funding from the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges, it is one of 11 such centers around the state focused on different industry sectors which have been identified as strategic to the economic growth of our state. The Center works to:
- Maintain an institutional reputation for innovation and responsive education and training delivery to the International Trade, Transportation & Logistics industry.
- Act as a broker of information and resources related to the industry for industry representatives, community-based organizations, economic development organizations, community and technical colleges, secondary education institutions, and four-year colleges and universities.
- Translate industry research into best practices.
- Explore and develop pathways through better educational system coordination, to assist in building seamless educational and work-related systems.
- Design training that is industry relevant, timely and that can be delivered using various methods in order to build a competitive workforce for this driving industry in Washington State.
- Visit www.ittlwa.com for more information about the Center of Excellence.